PeoplePointHR Employment Law Experts
My Defence is our bespoke, fixed-fee, employment law and tribunal defence service, available to our valued clients.
Our team of fully qualified employment law advisers will deal with any employment tribunal you face from beginning to end.
Employment law advisers for your business
Our skilled and experienced employment law professionals will take your initial instructions and draft your defence form, as well as support and represent you throughout the whole employment tribunal process.
Should your case reach full hearing at an employment tribunal, the same employment law adviser will attend the hearing on your behalf and fight your case in order to achieve the best possible result for your business.
Why you should choose PeoplePointHR employment advisers
Our employment law advisers are not just highly qualified, they also have years of experience of arguing cases in front of a judge and employment tribunal panel.
Our advisers are business-minded and sympathetic, as well as understand the complexities of the challenges your business faces every day.
Furthermore, unlike with many traditional law firms our employment law professionals are approachable, down to earth and we won’t use legal jargon.
As a PeoplePointHR client
As our valued client, we understand your business like no other and are aware of any employee issues and difficulties you are encountering.
Therefore, when you instruct us to defend your employment tribunal matter we will already fully understand your business and the facts of the employment tribunal case.
We understand what makes you tick and support you throughout the employment tribunal process with our commercial approach to settle any tribunal claims for you with minimum impact on your business.
Our advisers will make you feel secure in the knowledge that your case is in the best hands. They will take ownership of your case so that you can do what you do best – run your business.
Employment law adviser fees
We can quote you in whichever way suits you and your business – on a fixed fee, hourly, or daily rate basis. We believe in transparency, and will provide you with a clear quote prior to starting your employment law case so you won’t be left with any unpleasant surprises.
As a valued client of PeoplePointHR – HR services, My Defence is available on a discounted basis.
Our commercial approach towards dealing with your case will help you set:
- A realistic assessment of the likelihood of your case being successful
- A solid estimate of any potential compensation payouts
- A clear indication of the fees associated with the defence of your case
The employment tribunal process
- Claimant submits ACAS Early Conciliation claim form
- We respond to ACAS on your behalf and negotiate a settlement if appropriate
- Once Early Conciliation certificate is issued, the claimant submits ET1 form
- Respondent has 21 days to submit ET3 (response form)
- Tribunal issues deadlines for both parties to comply with:
- Date for exchange of documents set
- Date for exchange of witness statements set
- Date by when parties must agree and produce the ‘bundle’ of evidence
- Hearing date set
- If appropriate, remedy hearing date set
- Losing party considers whether to submit an appeal, which may be done on specific, limited grounds