Your privacy and trust are important to us and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) provides important information about how PeoplePointHR handles personal information. This Statement applies to any PeoplePointHR, application, product, software, or service that links to it (collectively, our “Services”).
Please read this Statement carefully and contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices. It is important that you check back often for updates to this Statement. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Services and/or contact you using other methods such as email.
Who we are;
PeoplePointHR is a HR services and employment law experts with a range of products and solutions tailored to meet your business needs.
Our comprehensive range of services will ensure that no matter what your business needs are, PeoplePointHR has the expertise to help and support you.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by a name, identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person.
Personal Information we collect
We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information when needed to provide our Services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Statement. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your information, and we encourage you to contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
In addition, our servers, logs, and other technologies automatically collect certain information to help us administer, protect, and improve our Services; analyze usage; and improve users’ experience. We share personal information with others only as described in this Statement, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
Occasionally we collect and process what may be considered sensitive personal information.
Sensitive personal information is a subset of personal information and is generally defined as any information related to racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, and other medical information including biometric and genetic data. In some instances, sensitive personal information may also include criminal allegations or convictions, precise geolocation information, financial and bank account numbers, or unique identifiers such as driver’s license, and passport numbers.
For example, if you purchase something from us or subscribe to our Services, we will collect payment information, such as financial or bank card information, and other information necessary for us to process the transaction. If you or your service professional uses our Tax & Accounting Services, we will collect and process financial and tax information.
How will it be used;
- Account setup and administration: We use personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, and information about your company to set up and administer your account, provide employment law advice, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription, and Service information.
- Personalisation: We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports, and business information and to personalize your experience with our Services.
- Marketing and events: We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and online. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. We also maintain email preference centers for you to manage your information and marketing preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
- Surveys and polls: If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal information you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes.
- Research and development: We use personal information for internal research and development purposes and to improve and test the features and functions of our Services.
- Hosted services: Some of our Services provide data and document storage as an integral part of the product or solution offering. Documents and data stored by our customers may contain personal information in business and personal tax forms, payroll and financial data, and legal and litigation-related documents, for example. Any information stored by or on behalf of our customers is controlled and managed by and only made accessible to those customers or others our customers may authorize from time to time.
How it will be stored and how long for;
- PeoplePointHR has networks, databases, servers, systems, support, and help desks located in the UK. We collaborate with third parties such as cloud hosting services, suppliers, and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
- We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, PeoplePointHR takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
Cookies are small text files places on your computer when you visit our site. While they allow us to see patterns in customer behavior, they do not allow us to identify you specifically. No personal data is gathered about you.
How we secure it;
PeoplePointHR takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
- Policies and procedures
- We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
- We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We conduct Privacy Impact Assessments in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies
- Training for employees and contractors
- We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
- We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual condition
- Vendor risk management
- We require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures
When we share personal information;
PeoplePointHR shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide Services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymized, and statistical data with third parties. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why.
- Within People Point HR: All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data privacy and security policies when handling personal information.
- Our business partners: We occasionally partner with other organisations to deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences, and seminars. As part of these arrangements, you may be a customer of both PeoplePointHR and our partners, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you. PeoplePointHR will handle personal information in accordance with this Statement, and we encourage you to review the privacy statements of our partners to learn more about how they collect, use, and share personal information.
- Our third-party service providers: We partner with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal information will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- To protect our rights, users, systems, and Services.
You have the right to request that we refrain from processing your personal data for marketing purposes at any given time. You may unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Data Protection Advisor is Natasha Lawless and her email address is email@example.com.
Your rights and complaint procedure;
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
- Access to personal information: If you request access to your personal information, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
- Correction and deletion: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by using the “Contact Us” option within the relevant Service.
- Marketing preferences: To opt out of email marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us or visit the applicable email preference center. For other marketing preferences, you can use the “Contact Us” option within the relevant Service. Information related to controlling cookies can be found here, and information related to Interest-Based and Mobile Advertising can be found here.
- Filing a complaint: If you are not satisfied with how PeoplePointHR manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.